Prometric is celebrating its 10th year of establishing corporate operations in Ireland. While Prometric has been delivering computer-based exams in Ireland for well over a decade, the company established its Dublin corporate office 2001 to expand its local business presence and better support both Irish and European clients. Prometric is best known in Ireland for operating the Driver Theory Test Service on behalf of the Road Safety Authority.
Since the creation of Prometric Ireland in 2001, Prometric has achieved a number of significant milestones in building out the operational capabilities and services it can provide clients from its base in Dublin. In that time, Prometric has delivered over 1.5 million exams, and its network has grown to over 70 secure test centre locations across the country. Prometric’s business in Ireland has also grown from employing a staff of five employees in 2001 to supporting over 120 jobs today, directly and through contractors or partners. Other of Prometric’s significant achievements over the past decade include:
- Won a Competitive Tender to establish and deliver the Driver Theory Test Service (2001)
- Introduced a new Mobile Testing Service to deliver testing to remote locations across the country (2001)
- Introduced unique technology-based ‘translator’ services to assist the many non-nationals in Ireland taking exams (2002)
- Won a Competitive Tender to renew the Driver Theory Test Service contract with the RSA (2007)
- Established local customer support & contact centre operations based in Cork (2008)
- Established a dedicated EU Data Centre in Dublin (2008)
- Launched the SPSV Testing Service on behalf of the National Transport Authority – Taxi Regulation Directorate (2009)
- Delivered testing around the globe for Irish based clients such as the Medical Council of Ireland
- Delivered exams within Ireland for international clients based elsewhere, such as ETS (TOEFL), European Personnel and Selection Office (Pre Employment exams), Project Management Institute (Professional Accreditation exams), Chartered Institute of Securities and Investments (Financial Exams) and Microsoft (IT Certification exams)
- Helped many Government and professional organisations in Ireland develop and deliver new exams, not previously delivered through traditional paper and pencil, as well as converting existing paper and pencil exams to computerized formats
“Embedding Prometric’s local operations in Ireland has allowed us to provide a deep level of support to Irish businesses and state agencies, as well as our other clients who want to deliver exams there,” said Charles Kernan, senior vice president and chief operating officer of Prometric. “Prometric Ireland has created good jobs, established in-market support facilities like the data and customer support centres and really become a valuable business community member that the country depends on to contribute to the economy. We have invested substantially in our operations here and celebrate our success in supporting clients, creating jobs and expanding operations every day, not just on our anniversary.”
Declan Naughton, Director, Driver Testing and Licensing at the Road Safety Authority, said, “Prometric is a valued partner and plays an important role in the promotion of road safety through the delivery of the driver theory test. The RSA would like to congratulate Prometric on its successes in Ireland to date.”
Other clients served by Prometric in Ireland include; the National Transport Authority – Taxi Regulation Directorate, Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland, Curam Software, the Medical Council of Ireland and Chartered Accountants Ireland.