Longstanding Commitment to Secure High-Stakes Testing and Data Management Assures Prometric Clients of Value and Performance Excellence
Prometric, recognized as the global performance leader for secure high-stakes test development and delivery, recently updated its list of technology systems security, risk assessment, quality assurance and management certifications, as well as occupational health and safety, service quality and financial systems operations.
“Regular internal audits such as ours signify to Prometric clients that the content and data we manage is secured, stored, transferred and protected at the industry’s highest standards,” said Michael Brannick, President and CEO of Prometric. “Our technology infrastructure and the investments we make in our people, systems and operations provide unmatched value, quality and performance for the exams people trust to validate their credentials.”
Prometric certifications include:
- ISO/IEC 27001:2013 ― Information Security Management System — Ensures Prometric meets and can evidence specific management controls, with focus on strict compliance and continuous improvement;
- ISO/IEC 9001:2008 — Quality Management Standard ― Demonstrates that Prometric maintains an effective quality assurance system in the design and delivery of its services;
- ANSI (American National Standards Institute) ― Attests to Prometric’s focus on service quality and fair test administration;
- FISMA — As a U.S. federal government contractor, Prometric maintains compliance with the Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002, which requires federal agencies to develop, document and implement an agency-wide program to provide information security for the information and information systems that support the operations and assets of an agency;
- SSAE16 ― Also known as a SOC 1 Report (Service Organization Controls), the Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagements verifies that Prometric meets the set of standards and controls defined by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA);
- PCI-DSS ― Certification by the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards demonstrates a special level of due diligence by Prometric in the hardening of systems and networks traversed by sensitive data to effectively secure financial information;
- ISO/IEC 14001:2004 ― Environmental Management Standard (Certified) — This family of standards focuses on environmental management and ensures that organizations adhere to specific guidelines and practices to help minimize how their operations negatively impact the environment;
- BS OHSAS 18001: 2007 — Occupational Health & Safety Standard ― Ensures Prometric meets occupational health and performance benchmarks worldwide;
- CMMI Level 2 Compliant — Formulated by Carnegie Mellon’s Software Engineering Institute (SEI), Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) is a process improvement training and appraisal program with a focus on software development, designed to encourage continuous improvements that result in quality outputs;
- A+ Status for Customer Service designated by the Better Business Bureau of Greater Maryland — The A+ status signifies Prometric’s commitment to performing on behalf of its clients to provide every honest candidate a fair, professional, convenient and reliable testing experience;
- Staff Credentials ― In addition to the organizational accreditations listed above, Prometric staff hold credentials that demonstrate high levels of professionalism and dedication to performance leadership. These credentials include, but are not limited to, CISSP’s (Certified Information Systems Security Professional), CRISC (Certified in Risk and Information System Controls), PMP (Project Management Professionals), MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert), in addition to Association memberships such as ISACA, PMI, ANSI, ISSA and others.